About Lichfield District Council
Lichfield District Council serves the vibrant and special district of Lichfield in Staffordshire.
We employ 338 employees and we deliver statutory and discretionary services to around 104,000 residents across 46,543 households.
The organisation is made up of the following service areas:
• Finance and procurement
• Governance and performance
• Economic growth and development
• Operational services
• Regulatory, housing and wellbeing services
• Corporate services
There are also 47 elected members and we hold full district council elections every four years and the next one is in 2023.
Our main services include: waste & recycling, planning, building control, land charges, housing, licensing, running elections, benefits, car parks, public toilets, tourist information, business support & economic regeneration, community safety, environmental health, food hygiene inspections, parks & open spaces, leisure and wildlife conservation.
Some external services, such as waste & recycling and building control, are run with other councils through shared partnership agreements. Internal shared services include health & safety, payroll and legal support. Internal departments include IT, web, communications, finance, HR and facilities management.
We operate a cabinet and leader model of local government, with effective overview and scrutiny bodies to hold the executive to account.
Our chief executive heads-up the authority’s leadership team, which is made up of six heads of service. Together they work to achieve the council’s strategic priorities.
The strategic plan describes the high level outcomes we want to achieve for our community between 2020 and 2024. It sets out that we will: enable people, shape place, develop prosperity and be a good council that innovates and puts its customers at the heart of all it does.
Our strategic plan is underpinned by our delivery plan, which details the projects and services we will deliver to achieve our strategic ambitions.
Our staff work together to achieve our set of values. These are to: put customers first, improve and innovate, and have respect for everyone.
To find out more about DM Planning at Lichfield District Council please visit our website.
Put Customers First
• We are passionate about our customer service.
• We always listen and work with our customer to meet their needs.
• We take responsibility for things we can change and improve and encourage our customers to do the same.
Improve and Innovate
• We challenge each other to look for ways to do things better.
• We listen to feedback and learn from it so we can improve.
• We welcome change and move forward with confidence.
Have Respect for Everyone
• We listen to one another and understand each other’s views and pressures.
• We appreciate each other and trust our colleagues to do a good job to the best of their ability.